Leakmaster pre-filled testers are charged with a special concentrated dye that holds together underwater.
The syringe-style tester has a 6 inch needle which allows for precise application without creating unwanted currents, allowing you to identify the precise location of structural pool leaks.
- Identify water movement in or out of pipes
- Helps identify precise location of structural pool leaks
- Refillable with Leakmaster dye (8oz bottles)
- Available in blue (for light backgrounds) and fluourescent yellow (for dark backgrounds)
- Sold as single units
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
1. Carry out a Bucket Test (to determine if the water loss is due to evaporation or a leak);
- Ensure any automatic fill devices are turned off and fill pool to normal level.
- Fill bucket and place on first or second pool step.
- Operate pool filter and heater as normal.
- Measure the water levels in the bucket and in the pool after 24 hours.
- If the water loss in the pool exceeds the water loss in the bucket this indicates a leak.
2. Hold the tester by the barrell, with the plunger facing down. Remove white cap & insert the pointed needle end ¼ inch into the hole.
3. Ensure no bathers are in the pool and turn off the circulation system.
4. Carefully push the plunger to insert a ribbon of dye within ¼ inch of the suspected leak area (e.g. skimmer, light niche, fittings etc).
5. The dye will be drawn out at the location of the leak as the specially formulated dye holds together under water.
* Please note if the pool loses more water with the pump running than when it is off or you notice air bubbles coming from the return lines, this more than likely indicates a plumbing leak that will require professional attention.