Lo-Chlor Leak Sealer is designed to seal minor leaks in swimming pools where the water loss does not exceed 2.5cm per day in 60,000 litres of water.
1. Turn the pool pump off and remove any automatic cleaner from the pool.
2. Set the filter on BY-PASS or RECIRCULATE setting. If neither of these are available, remove the filter grids or cartridges from the filter prior to commencing treatment. Note; Fine fountain jets may block when Leak Sealer is applied. If these jets cannot be removed prior to use, do not use this product.
3. Leak Sealer should be added at the rate of 1 litre per 60,000 litres of pool water. There are two methods of application for Leak Sealer, depending on the location of the leak.
A. LEAK IN POOL SURFACE: If possible, locate the area of the leak and add the product to this area. Otherwise, distribute the product evenly around the pool.
B. LEAK IN PIPEWORK: Add the correct dose of Leak Sealer directly into the skimmer. Set up a pool vacuum hose (with vacuum head attached) at the deepest point of the pool. Check that the vac hose is free of air before application.
4. If uncertain of the location of the leak use method B.
5. Wait 30 minutes to let the leak sealer settle and then turn the pump on. Leave the pump running with the filter in by-pass or recirculate for a minimum of 8 hours.
6. Mark the water level and check in 24 hours.
7. Leave the pool until all residue settles (within 6 hours) and vacuum any residue to waste.
8. A second application may be required in larger pools or if the loss of water has been reduced.
1 x 1 litre bottle treats 60,000 litres (13,500 gallons).
Please note: Leak Sealer should not be used when the swimming pool water temperature is below 6°C and is not recommended for use to repair torn vinyl liners.