The Waterco Multi Cyclone is a filtration device that is capable of saving water and reducing filter maintenance.
The Multi Cyclone works on the basis of centrifugal water filtration. There are no moving parts to wear and tear, and no filter media to clean or replace.
The Multi Cyclone is ideal as a pre-filter to extend the life of your existing filter.
The Waterco Multi Cyclone is a new pre-filtration device that can help you save up to 7,000 litres of water a year in an average pool and reduce filter maintenance. An average sand filter may require approximately 4,000 to 8,000 litres of water a year to maintain it. Sand filters require backwashing and rinsing regularly with the frequency depending on the dirt load of the pool and the size of the filter. Each backwash and rinse equates to an average of approximately 700 litres.
If you backwash [on average] every month, your pool filter requires approximately 8400 litres of water a year. 700 litres x 12 months [once a month] = 8400 litres If you backwash [on average] every 2nd month, your pool filter requires approximately 4200 litres of water a year. 700 litres x 6 [once every two months] = 4200 litres
The addition of a Multi-Cyclone -
- Cuts wasteful backwashing based on the principals of centrifugal water filtration, the Multi Cyclone collects 80% of the dirt that clogs your filter before it gets there.
- The Multi Cyclone drastically reduces filter backwashing and filter cartridge maintenance.
- Reduce backwash frequency
- Reduce filter cartridge maintenance
- If only 20% of the swimming pool dirt load reaches the filter, backwash frequency is reduced by 1/5th.
How It Works?
Incoming water is guided by a diverter plate so that it enters multiple hydro cyclones tangentially, generating a strong centrifugal effect. This spins the sediment out to the hydro cyclone’s wall and then spirals it down to the sediment sump, while the cleansed water spirals upwards. The accumulation of sediment can be visibly monitored through the Multi Cylcone’s clear sediment sump. The Multi Cyclone is cleaned by simply opening its purge valve.It only takes 15 litres of water to flush Multi Cyclone, saving you time and money.
- Easy to install and fits to most existing pool filtration systems.
- The Multi Cyclone can be easily retrofitted between the pump and existing filter.
- Minimal maintenance
- There are no moving parts to wear out and replace, no filter media to clean or replace.
- It is a simple way to save up to 7,000 litres of water every year.
Learn more about how the Waterco Multicyclone pre-filtration systems can help improve your water quality, extend equipment life and save you time and money.