With all the benefits of the Multicyclone pre-filter, the Multicyclone Plus has the added benefit of a 40 sq ft filter located in the upper housing.
How Does It Work?
Incoming water enters the hydrocyclones tangentially, generating a strong centrifugal effect.The sediment particles are then spun out to the hydro cyclone's wall, and spiral down into the sediment chamber. The filtered water then migrates towards the centre of the hydro cyclone where the water reverses and spirals upwards and through a 40ft2 cartridge element, before exiting through the Multicyclone Plus.
The addition of the cartridge element provides the highest standard of filtration possible with a minimal requirement for cleaning. Most of the sediment is removed by the hydroclones. The sediment level can be visually monitored through the Multicyclones clear sediment bowl.
The pressure gauge at the top of the unit indicates when the cartridge is in need of cleaning. The cartridge can easily be removed by undoing the locking ring.
- Imperial/Metric quick fit unions
- Pressure gauge
- 40ft2 pleated filter cartridge
- Glass filled thermoplastic
- Hydraulically efficient design
- 12/16 hydroclones
- Clear poly carbonate sediment chamber
- 1"/32mm purge valve
2 year manufacturers warranty.
- MC12 Plus - Connection Ports 1.5"/50mm - Min Flow 2.4m³/hr - Max Flow 9m³/hr - Filter Area - 40ft²/3.7m² - Max Pool Size - 55m³ - Max Pressure 350kPa (50psi)
- MC16 Plus - Connection Ports 2"/63mm - Min Flow 3m³/hr - Max Flow 13.5m³/hr - Filter Area 40ft²/3.7m² - Max Pool Size - 80m³ - Max Pressure 350kPa (50psi)
Learn more about how the Waterco Multicyclone pre-filtration systems can help improve your water quality, extend equipment life and save you time and money.