Lo-Chlor Algaecide is a long life algaecide which will prevent algae growth for up to 6 months. An ideal treatment to use when opening up your swimming pool at the start of season and for both summer and winter maintenance. 1 Litre treats up to 26,400 gallons of pool water.
If there is algae already present, this should be treated prior to applying Lo-Chlor Algaecide by shock dosing the pool with either a shock chlorine or non-chlorine shock product then running the filtration for 24 hours.
1. Ensure no bathers are using the pool before application.
2. The pH level should be in the 7.0-7.2 range, adjust if necessary.
3. Thoroughly clean the pool by brushing the walls and floor, vacuum the pool and filter as normal.
4. Using the below dosage table, add the required dose to water in a clean plastic bucket. With your circulation running, evenly distribute around the perimeter of the pool.
5. Circulation of the pool water should be continued for 24 hours, ensuring no other chemicals are added during this period.
6. Adjust the pH to within 7.2-7.6 if not in this range already.
7. After 1 full turnover of the pool water (typically 4-5 hours) bathing can be resumed.
- After using Lo-Chlor Algaecide it is recommended to use Lo-Chlor Starver phosphate remover. This will prevent the re-occurrence of algae, and also assist in helping the efficiency of other chemicals in your pool.
- Copper in water will reduce the activity of chlorine and bromine - check levels 24 hours following application and adjust to recommended range if necessary.
|Pool Volume (Litres)
||Dose Rate - Prevention
||Dose Rate - If Algae Is Present