Lo-Chlor Total Algaecide is a long-life algaecide (effective for up to 3 months) that is highly effective against all types of algae - even particularly stubborn mustard, black spot and severe blue/green algae types.
Total Algaecide can both prevent algae formation and kill off algae if already present in the pool.
A dual-action copper based formula, please note this product is not compatible with PHMB products or Baquacil.
- Make sure there are no bathers in the pool prior to commencing application.
- Thoroughly clean the pool by brushing the walls and floor using a stiff pool brush. Vacuum to waste then backwash the filter.
- Bring the pH level to between 6.8 – 7.0
- Ensure you run the circulation and filtration as normal.
- Give the pool a shock dose of chlorine using an unstabilised form of chlorine.
- Leave for a 24 hour period, then measure out the required dosage of Total Algaecide (see below table), applying the product near the algae. DO NOT ADD THE PRODUCT VIA THE POOL SKIMMER! Ensure the pump and filter are running during the treatment.
- Wait 24 hours after the treatment then test the water and adjust the sanitiser levels accordingly and filter as normal.
Caution: When dosing the product excessive copper concentrations may stain hair and swimwear as well as discolour pool surfaces!
Note: It is advisable to test the water for phosphates prior to this process, and if the phosphate level is high use Starver® X to reduce the level. Phosphates provide algae with a vital food source and contribute to recurring algae problems if left untreated.
Start of Season Initial Dose: 1 litre treats up to 45,450 litres (10,000 gallons)
Top Up Dose (3 monthly): 500ml per 45,450 litres (10,000 gallons)
Container size = 2.5L.