Waterco Glass Pearls Filter Media is a new generation of filter media. Grade 1 Glass Pearls have a small yet highly effective size of just 0.6 to 0.8mm - allowing an in-depth filtration and extending operating cycles between backwashing. Laboratory testing has proven Glass Pearls have the ability to filter down to below 3 microns.
Waterco Glass Pearls are Climate Care Certified Products - the benchmark in environmental sustainability for swimming pools and spas. By choosing Glass Pearls Filter Media you can rest assured your choice is both environmentally friendly and highly efficient.
- Safe and Smooth - Glass Pearls are spherical and have no sharp edges, making them safe to handle and to service.
- High Purity - Made from 100% virgin glass and chemically inert, independently tested to ensure their safety.
- Save Water - Glass Pearls' spherical shape results in a low coefficient of friction, reducing backwashing requirements (using 20% less water than filter sand).
- Time Saving - Glass Pearls are easy to install and enable a rapid start up of the filter media. Very little cleansing via backwashing required prior to commissioning the filter.
|Effective Size (mm)
|Silicon Dioxide (Si02)
||70.00 - 75.00%
|Sodium Oxide (Na20)
||12.00 - 15.00%
|Calcium Oxide (Ca0)
||7.00 - 12.00%
|Magnesium Oxide (Mg0)
||approx - 5.00%
||approx - 2.50%
|Potassium Oxide (K20)
||approx - 1.50%
The New Benchmark In Environmental Sustainability For Swimming Pools & Spas
The Climate Care Certification Program is an initiative of the Swimming Pool & Spa Association of Australia Ltd (SPASA Australia). It is the industry’s efficiency and sustainability certification program.
A climate care certified product, system or installation/retrofit/construction is one that creates a new benchmark for swimming pools and spas which utilises:
- Water Efficiency / Sustainability
- Energy Efficiency
- Noise Reduction Measures
- Environmentally Sustainable Designs
- EFFICIENCY / SUSTAINABILITY / INNOVATION